Terms and Conditions
- We are unable to offer any form of credit.
- If your account/service is activated before payment is made
then payment must be sent in full by return.
- If payment is not made in full within 30 days or the stated
terms on your invoice, all technical support for the site will be
revoked. If payment is still not made in the following 7 day period
your account will be deleted from our servers and all DNS services
- If your account is cancelled and is later re-activated, we
hold the right to charge an administration fee of up to £50.00 on
- Prices for products or services purchased from us are as
displayed throughout our website. You will not be required to pay
any fee over that which is advertised.
- The price for the renewal of items that are due to expire
will be made at the current advertised rate for the item.
- To comply with the 'Consumer Protection (distance selling)
regulations 2000', any purchase made by phone, mail order, on the
internet or by digital tv will give the consumer the right to cancel
their order within 7 working days without giving a reason. The 7
days will commence from when the contract is concluded.
- As stated in the regulations, Consumers cannot cancel an
agreement or return goods for services which begin, with the
consumer's agreement, before the end of the cancellation period.
The sale of Domain Names from Grade1 Internet Solutions Ltd is a
service to which such an agreement is accepted. Both design and
domain names are believed to be a service whereby goods sold are
made/provided to the consumer's personal specifications, which also
falls outside of this regulation.
- It is within Grade1 Internet Solutions Ltd service to comply
with all regulations.
Note: Telnet accounts are no longer permitted
due to a potential security breach. We will however allow access if
required on an individual basis. These terms relate to the use of
Telnet on our servers.
- Telnet shell accounts are made available for editing and
setting up your web site. It is not a development platform for
issues unrelated to your web site.
- You must not leave you home directory at any time.
- You must not attempt to gain the privileges of another
- Interfering with the following files will result in your
telnet access being removed - .bash_history - .bash_logout -
.bash_profile - .bashrc.
Virtual Control Panel(tm)
- If your bandwidth reaches the points where it has an adverse
affect on other clients we reserve the right to disable your site
until you can reduce your bandwidth usage.
Web Pages / Hosting
- Commercial use of web and ftp space is permitted.
- You will be responsible for the content of your pages,
including obtaining the legal permission for any works they include
and ensuring that the contents of these pages do not violate UK law.
- You will be held responsible for and accept responsibility
for any defamatory, confidential, secret or other proprietary
material available via your page(s).
- We reserve the right to remove material deemed inappropriate
from your web pages, without prior notice.
- Grade1 Internet Solutions Internet Solutions do not allow
illegal adult/warez/MP3 web sites on their servers.
- Server Statistics are provided for information basis only and
are not guarenteed to be an accurate account of site traffic.
- You may not store more data in your account than your
allotted virtual server space.
- Your virtual server (Including FTP access) is for your
personal use only. You must not divulge the password to any other
person, and you should take reasonable precautions to ensure that it
is not discovered by other people.
- If you cancel your account, we will refund any full months
paid after your initial three months. We will not refund any payment
made for your first three months of service.
- Data stored on our servers is not guaranteed to be backed up.
It is recommended that you keep an independent backup of all data
stored on your virtual server.
- You may not run server processes (e.g. talkers/IRC Bots) from
your virtual server.
- Although it is our priority to prevent such happenings, we
shall not be held liable for any loss or damages caused by the
misuse or 'denial of service' attacks upon our servers and services.
Unavailability or removal of services will be kept to an absolute
- When your account is closed, all files (including web pages,
etc.) will be deleted.
- We reserve the right to cancel your account at any time
without notice through breach of these terms.
- We reserve the right to amend and update these Terms and
Conditions at any time without notice.
- To protect your privacy we never distribute your name or
e-mail address to any third parties.
- Users must not participate in any form of UN-solicited bulk e
mailing or Spam.
- By logging into your account, or uploading files to it, you
are indicating your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Grade1 Internet solutions cannot be held responsible for any
year 2000 problems. But it is within our duty to provide the best
service possible to the customer.
- Domain names are registered on a two year basis.
- All registrations are the responsibility or the registrant to
confirm that they have been completed successfully..
- We accept no ongoing responsibility for re-registering the
name or for otherwise ensuring that it remains in force. We will
attempt to contact the registrant in all cases prior to renewal with
the contact details we have on record inviting the registrant to
renew before the renewal date to secure a further registration
period. Contact will be made within 30 days of the expiry date.
- Grade1 cannot accept responsibility for any rights or
breaches caused by the domain name registration.
- The contract for the registration is between you (our client)
and the appropriate Naming Authority. Grade1 are acting as the your
(the client's) agent.
- You (the client) is bound by the terms and conditions of the
- We cannot guarantee that you will be able to register any
requested Name and that until we have given specific confirmation of
registration you (the client) cannot assume that registration has
- We give no warranty that the Internet Domain Name requested
will not infringe the rights of any third party and that you (the
client) indemnify us in respect of any such infringements.
- No maintenance fee will be charged to make changes to the
domain name configuration, this is limited to changing the
registered nameservers for the domain and for releasing the name to
a new tag.
- We hold the right to demand any outstanding fees are paid
prior to us releasing the domain name to a new registrar.
Specific TLD Registration Agreements
Please note registration of any UK domain is subject to Nominet's Terms & Conditions
Other domains are subject to the following Terms & Conditions
Our official complaints procedure can be found here.
- Failure by us to enforce any of these terms and conditions
will not affect our right to enforce the rest of these terms and
conditions. The Contract between us shall be governed by the laws of
England and Wales and any dispute will be resolved exclusively in
the courts of England and Wales. We will try to resolve disputes
when they first arise.
- We will deal with complaints effectively, in a fair and
- All complaints will be acknowledged within 3 working days and
a likely timescale for resolving the dispute will be provided.
- We will keep the consumer informed about progress in an
- All complaints will be logged so that we know which services
we need to improve and check.
- We can not be held liable for any loss of turnover, sales,
revenue, profits or indirect, consequential or special loss.
- We can not be held liable for any claims made against us
arising from the content of any of our client's web sites.
'Your statutory rights are not affected'